The current pandemic situation has created new and amplified existing problems for IT companies. It has principally changed a lot of things when it comes to software development. 2020 and the coronavirus crisis have pushed each organization to be more predictive and business-centric. Specifically, we’ve witnessed a huge shift in the execution of quality assurance and testing in terms of operations, resourcing, and way of working.
Software testing is making many great moves recently. Starting from Artificial Intelligence to Machine Learning, software testing companies are innovating and experimenting with various technologies and tools.
Software testing marketing is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% from 2020 to 2026. Moreover, it is predicted that the market for automated testing is going to hit $28.8 billion by 2024. Now in such a scenario, enterprises and businesses must keep an eye on emerging technologies and software testing trends the year ahead!
To help you take your software testing game to the next level, check out these software testing trends that will rule 2021.
- Codeless Automated Testing is going to rule! Designed and built using Artificial Intelligence and visual modeling technology, codeless testing tools help software testing companies to formulate test cases catering to test automation. This will empower software testing teams to create automated test scenarios without any technical or coding skills. By seeing the current adoption rate of codeless automated testing tools, it is one of the leading software testing trends for 2021.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning will roar in 2021. In recent years, the number of applications using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning has grown exponentially. It is expected that AI and ML will revolutionize not only software development but software testing too. Whether it is about test suite optimization, log analytics, defect analysis, or test case coverage, software testing companies can leverage AI and ML to improve their testing strategies. Though Machine Learning is just a prospect, the future holds strong potential for it to be used in software testing to overcome typical challenges.
- Agile and DevOps. Of course, Agile and DevOps practices have streamlined software development. But it holds a great potential to streamline and enhance software testing too! Recently, many enterprises have realized the benefits of Agile and DevOps methodologies to build quality IT products, receive an immediate evaluation, and market faster. While the principles of Agile can be applied effectively in software development and quality assurance, DevOps can help teams with better version control, testing, and setting up a production environment.
- Increasing demand for IoT and Big Data testing. In the future, the software testing and quality assurance market will demand higher performance, better security, compatibility, and data integrity testing. And the Internet of Things testing strategies could be a helping hand in achieving these goals in the future. At present, a small number of companies have matured IoT testing strategies in place, but the trend is projected to grow in the future. The adoption of the Internet of Things has paved the way for massive data generation, which has fueled the demand for big data testing. Considering the present scenario, IoT and Big Data testing will see increased demand in 2021.
- Shift to Performance Testing. With the proliferation of different platforms hosting different applications, delivering an excellent user experience has become a priority for enterprises. This has encouraged enterprises and software testing companies to focus more on performance testing. The organizations are now validating the stability, scalability, and speed of the applications under different scenarios to achieve higher performance. The trend is going to be continued in 2021 too!
- Robotic Process Automation will continue to grow! To eliminate manual intervention, organizations are leveraging robotic process automation to automate software jobs running frequently. Whether it is banking, healthcare, finance, or customer service, robotic process automation is extensively used to improve quality and enhance operational controls. It is predicted that the global robotic process automation market will hit $3.4 billion by 2027.
- Mobile application automated testing will be the need of an hour in 2021! This is one of those software testing trends that doesn’t require any description. With millions of mobile apps listed on the app stores, mobile app testing is significant since applications need to be tested on different operating systems and devices. This has fueled the trend of mobile application automated testing to speed up and enhance the testing process. This means the trend of mobile application automated testing will be in demand for 2021 and beyond.
Wrapping it up!
So, there you have the seven most important software testing trends you need to keep an eye on while heading in 2021. Though these are not the only trends that will knock the doors of software testing in the future, keeping yourself aware of these trends will surely help you achieve your software testing goals in 2021. So, which of these software testing trends will you try first? Want to know if a software testing company can help you achieve your quality assurance goals in 2021? Get in touch with us now.