Managing a project successfully is a challenge that every business must go through. However, no business must do it manually as there are diverse project management tools in the market.
As there are numerous solutions available in the field, picking the best software or the most suitable one can be a bit tricky.
If you are looking for effective and reliable project management software for your business, we bring you a comprehensive list of the top 6 software solutions.
We have carefully analyzed them all to ensure they can help ease your project management tasks.
6 Best Project Management Software to Use in 2023
The project management software solutions we have listed below can be used by both small and large businesses alike.
Without any delay, let’s start.
USP: Excellent all-rounder platform.
monday.com is one of the best project management software solutions in the market now. It is both customizable and scalable as per the teams using it. The platform can be used by anyone in an organization, and the highly visual nature of the app makes it easier for anyone to take full advantage of the tool. Being a centralized workspace, it allows you to utilize automation, task organization, and workflow management features to ensure the efficiency of each project.
Using Monday.com, you can:
- Optimize your tasks and project processes.
- Enhance productivity by ensuring better collaboration.
- Create ideal workflows to save time and energy.
- Set project goals and stay on track to achieve them.
Pros of monday.com
- Automations are extremely effortless to implement.
- The platform offers responsive and quick support.
- Diverse templates to choose from as per the industry.
Cons of monday.com
- The UI is a bit complex and complicated.
- Exported Gantt charts in PDF are hard to use in other tools.
It has a steeper learning curve for most beginners.
USP: Efficient for freelancers.
ClickUp is an all-inclusive app where multiple teams can come and work together on diverse projects at the same time. They can use tasks, whiteboards, chat, documents, etc., to make the management process more streamlined and efficient. The biggest advantage of the tool is that freelancers can use it to connect with vendors and keep the project moving effectively.
ClickUp project management software solution allows you to:
- Use AI to fast-track your project’s progress.
- Visualize your project workflows as needed.
- Use the dashboard to understand metrics faster.
- Integrate with other project tools.
Pros of Clickup
- Extremely easy to use with numerous features.
- Multi-function app capable of doing everything.
- Users can share feedback for site improvement.
Cons of Clickup
- Dashboards in the mobile app need improvement.
- The platform slows down at times for no reason.
- Newcomers might find the learning curve to be quite steep.
USP: The best for small teams and projects.
Trello is among the best and easy-to-use project management tools for small projects and teams. It has a simple user interface that anyone can master quickly. The platform takes full advantage of visual design to make the UI look intuitive and highly customized. It is easy to use and organize projects as per the progress. Even if you are a person who has never used a project management tool, a few instances of using Trello are all you need to use the platform effectively.
Using Trello, you can easily:
- Automate the workflow of your project as you prefer.
- Integrate a variety of tool project tools like Figma, Jira, etc.
- Add members to the cards to track task completion.
- Manage project dates with due dates in diverse colors.
Pros of Trello
- The tool is extremely easy to use and highly flexible.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface to manage cards.
- Easy to organize tasks, cards, and project progress.
Cons of Trello
- Adding cards in the list form is inefficient.
- Too many cards may overwhelm the users.
- Unsuitable for large teams and projects.
USP: Best for teams with custom needs.
One of the most popular project management software solutions, Airtable, is preferred by large and small businesses alike. While offering extensive capabilities with a range of task-management options, the tool is surprisingly easy to use. It looks like an Excel spreadsheet, which makes everyone feel familiar with the tool. It is also optimized for effective use on both desktops and mobile devices.
Airtable empowers you to:
- Build any type of workflow quickly on the app.
- Use AI to help you transform the project workflows.
- Integrate all the important workflows into the app.
- Measure your project’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Pros of Airtable
- Organizing, scheduling, and tracking tasks are easy.
- Diverse layouts and templates to choose from.
- Familiar with those who’ve used Excel for project management.
Cons of Airtable
- The setup takes a lot of time, which is a letdown for most.
- Does not have enough in-app communication options.
- The learning curve is steep and intimidating for new users.
USP: The best for remote teams.
Asana is the management software solution developed to help you manage your projects using the Agile methodology. It has a variety of features to make project management easy and seamless.
Using Asana for software project management, you can:
- Quickly identify, track, and squash bugs.
- Build a product roadmap for the software.
- Organize and streamline work requests.
- Quickly launch new products as required.
Pros of Asana
- Flexible task views and customization options.
- Diverse features make project management easy.
- Excellent free options for small teams and businesses.
Cons of Asana
- Limited task assignment options.
- Data export functionality is limited.
- Lack of effective support resources.
USP: Extensive customization for all.
Considered by many among the most powerful project management platforms, Wrike is preferred by many businesses due to its customization options. It is suitable for both small and large businesses from diverse industries. No matter if you are a design, software, or operations team, Wrike has the best project management layout and template for you. And if you want to customize it a bit, you can do that, too.
Wrike lets you do the following with its capabilities:
- Get comprehensive overviews of projects.
- Collaborate with different teams and departments.
- Effectively manage your clients no matter where they are.
- Plan, optimize, and manage your resources.
Pros of Wrike
- You can connect and collaborate with anyone from your organization.
- Customize team and project organizations as per your needs.
- Free plan with no limit on the number of users.
Cons of Wrike
- Not very mobile-friendly.
- Automating tasks is a bit challenging.
- The UI looks dull and uninspiring.
Why Use a Project Management Platform?
When working on diverse projects, you must keep track of them. You need to know who is working on what task, when the project is due, what resources are needed, communicating what needs to be done, and more.
Imaging taking care of these manually. It would be impossible, right? However, with the help of a project management platform, you can do all these efficiently.
The top advantages of using a project management platform are:
A project management platform acts as a collaborative tool where developers, designers, marketers, and stakeholders can work together and move towards a common goal.
Manage tasks better
With a project management platform, you can map out assignments, set priorities, and allocate time judiciously. This enables you to dive into the project without the constant worry of losing track of deadlines.
The platform provides a designated space where discussions flourish, ideas ignite, and concerns are addressed. As such, you don’t need to worry about communications being ignored or overlooked.
Optimum resource utilization
Project management platforms make it possible for businesses to use resources optimally. You can assign the resources only as and when needed. And you also get to evaluate how it is being used.
Bring down project costs
Managing your projects with an efficient platform brings down the overall cost of the project. You know who is working on what, how much time is needed, and where inefficiencies happen. And you can address them quickly to avoid wastage of resources and money.
How Can Eco York Help You?
We understand that you may not be interested in subscribing to a project management tool, as it can pose various challenges. This is where our software development services can help you.
We are the best team to help you develop a custom project management tool thanks to our following qualities.
Eco York has extensive experience in application development. Whether you are a small business or a large enterprise, our team can help you. Using our industry experience, we can bring your ideas together.
Team of experts
We have a team of expert software developers. They are skilled in a range of languages and technologies to help you develop the perfect app. No matter how big or small your app is, our team will help.
Our process for software development has been perfected over the years. Hence, you get impeccable solutions that exceed the expectations of the industry all the time.
At Eco York, we can create customized packages as per your needs. We need complex software; we have a package for that. We need a small platform; we have a package for that, as well.
The project management software solutions we have listed are among the best in the world. However, you may not need the capabilities they offer. Or you only need specific features. In such a case, developing a custom platform is the best option. And we can help you with developing such an app for your business.
Using excellent and proven methods of software development, Eco York guarantees top-notch and efficient platforms. We can create a platform for your business based on your exact goals.
Speak to us to learn more about our application development process and hire the best software developers. Contact us now!